Organic Seeds Combo
Flaxseeds are a powerhouse of protein, fibre, lignans and omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. They contain vitamin B1, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium in good amounts.
- Characteristics - guru (heavy), snigdha (smooth), pichhil (slimy nature)
- Taste - madhura (sweet), tikta (bitter)
- Taste developed post digestion - katu (pungent)
- potency - Ushna (hot potency)
- Effect on Tridosha - balances Vata, increases Pitta and Kapha
- Mix with your everyday hot or cold cereal or oatmeal breakfast.
- Mix them up with your smoothies especially date almond shake or even spiced milk.
- Mix them into cookie, muffin, bread or other batters.
- MEDHYA: (Brain booster) They are rich in omega 6 and omega 3 that enhance the functions of the human brain.
- BALYA: (Strength provider) They support the immune system and muscular strength.
- MALAKRUT: They help remove toxins from the body and increase the bulk of faeces.
- DIPANA: They stimulate digestive fire and lubricates the digestive tract.
- Flaxseeds oxidise quickly once it is ground. So it is best to grind them right before use.
- Consumption of flaxseed is not advised in high pitta or kapha conditions like bleeding disorders and eye diseases.
Pumpkin seeds are a good source of healthful oils, magnesium, and other nutrients that enhance the health of the heart, bones, and other functions. Seeds, in general, are considered excellent sources of potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Plant seeds are also a good source of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and antioxidants. The fatty acids in pumpkin seeds contain a range of beneficial nutrients, such as sterols, squalene, and tocopherols. Researchers have described the fatty acid profile of seeds, grains, and legumes as "favourable."
- Anti-Inflammatory Benefits: Pumpkin seeds are known to have anti-inflammatory properties and are known to reduce arthritis pain.
- Builds Immunity: The presence of high amounts of antioxidants and phytochemicals ensure a good immune system and further reduce the possibility of viral infections that may lead to cold, flu, fatigue and other ailments, especially during monsoons
- A Boon for Diabetics: Pumpkin seeds help improve insulin regulation in diabetics and decrease oxidative stress. These seeds are a rich source of digestible protein that helps stabilise blood sugar levels
- Helps in Losing Weight: This is one of the best snacks to lose weight. They might look small but are very dense and heavy foods that help you keep satiated for a longer period. They are also high in fibre which takes longer for your body to digest, leaving you full, keeping you away from any craving.
- Improves Prostate Health: The book Healing Foods states that high in zinc these seeds are useful for promoting men's fertility and preventing prostrate problems. Pumpkin seeds also have DHEA (Di-hydro epi-androstenedione) that helps reduce the chances of prostate cancer.
"Chia" is the ancient Mayan word for "strength." Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia hispanica, which is related to the mint and are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They’re loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain.
- SUPER high in ANTIOXIDANTS basically make the impossible possible: they slow down aging signs, resulting in younger looking skin, healthier hair, and can even reduce the risk of cancer. Basically fountain of youth/miracle molecules
- IMPRESSIVE amount of FIBER.Almost all the carbs in chia seeds are actually fiber. This means so many good things. 1. You'll stay full longer. 2. It will aid in keeping your gut health in check. 3. You'll be regular! Being regular is the best!
- OMEGA-3s are SUPER important. They have a wide range of benefits, from fighting depression, to improving sleep, to reducing the risk of heart disease. The bummer is, there aren't very many foods that supply omega-3s. There's really just fish, walnuts, and flax seeds. Over half of chia seed's fat is omega-3s, making it an excellent choice for all omega-related health.
- PROTEIN for people that don't eat meat, finding foods with protein can be a drag. Don't worry, chia seeds TO THE RESCUE! There's 4 grams of protein per 2 tablespoon serving. Pair that with peanut butter on oats and you've got enough energy to last you well past lunch.
- CALCIUM RICH believe it or not, chia seeds have more calcium ounce for ounce than most dairy products. If you don't eat dairy, this could be a life-changer. If you DO eat dairy, pair it with yogurt for a healthy dose of the good stuff.
Why it's Awesome
You may also like
I made some sweets out of these 3 seeds. It came out pretty great so I'm satisfied.
Speaking from experience, these seeds helped me lose weight, Don't go for cheaper brands. Nice work anveshan I will keep purchasing
This is the best combo of seeds I have ever tasted. Loved every bit of it!
I have tried other brands but this one stood out the best. Great!
What a great combo! Loved it so much!!