"Chia" is the ancient Mayan word for "strength." Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia hispanica, which is related to the mint and are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They’re loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain.
- SUPER high in ANTIOXIDANTS basically make the impossible possible: they slow down aging signs, resulting in younger looking skin, healthier hair, and can even reduce the risk of cancer. Basically fountain of youth/miracle molecules
- IMPRESSIVE amount of FIBER.Almost all the carbs in chia seeds are actually fiber. This means so many good things. 1. You'll stay full longer. 2. It will aid in keeping your gut health in check. 3. You'll be regular! Being regular is the best!
- OMEGA-3s are SUPER important. They have a wide range of benefits, from fighting depression, to improving sleep, to reducing the risk of heart disease. The bummer is, there aren't very many foods that supply omega-3s. There's really just fish, walnuts, and flax seeds. Over half of chia seed's fat is omega-3s, making it an excellent choice for all omega-related health.
- PROTEIN for people that don't eat meat, finding foods with protein can be a drag. Don't worry, chia seeds TO THE RESCUE! There's 4 grams of protein per 2 tablespoon serving. Pair that with peanut butter on oats and you've got enough energy to last you well past lunch.
- CALCIUM RICH believe it or not, chia seeds have more calcium ounce for ounce than most dairy products. If you don't eat dairy, this could be a life-changer. If you DO eat dairy, pair it with yogurt for a healthy dose of the good stuff.