Wood Cold Pressed Black Sesame OilPurity and taste that calms your soul
Our Black Sesame Oil is sourced from Tamil Nadu and is ideal for those looking for a natural and healthy alternative to refined oils. The no-heat cold pressing method ensures that it is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other essential elements that make it a healthy choice.
1500+ Farmers Empowered
Procured from Tamil Nadu
16 Lab Tests Done
- Why it's Awesome
- Journey of our Oil
We source our oils directly from farmers and offer them better prices. We also ensure fair treatment, community support, sustainable production and food quality.
To ensure better taste and aroma, the seeds are sun-dried for a few days.
The seeds are cold pressed (in wooden Kolhu) at a low temperature to maintain their high nutrient value.
Then the oil is then left for sedimentation for 2-3 days. Following this, the oil is sieve filtered.
Sesame oil undergoes strict quality checks at our facility and conforms to FSSAI standards.
It is then packed in a bottle/tin can when it clears all the mandatory tests.
It is loaded with anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties. For years it has been used as an Ayurvedic remedy.
It contains antioxidants sesamol and sesamin, which aid in the oil's oxidative stability and blood pressure.
Fights Free Radicals
It contains vitamin E, phytosterols, lignans that help fight free radicals.
It is used as a traditional anti-inflammatory medicine to treat cuts, scrapes, cramps, etc.
Studies show that consumption of sesame oil may help reduce bad cholesterol and triglycerides and keep your heart healthy.
Fights Feeling of Stress
It has an amino acid called tyrosine, which boosts serotonin and helps fights stress and depression.
Swish sesame oil in the mouth for about 20 minutes to detoxify and improve your oral health.
Sesame oil is a warming massage oil that provides nourishment and makes your skin healthy.
Traditionally in South India, sesame oil is used as a natural preservative in pickles.
Massage your scalp once a week with sesame oil to nourish your hair and restore its lustre.
Mix 1-2 tablespoons of sesame oil with water and drink twice a day to prevent constipation.
It is most suited for sautéing your dishes and can also be used for garnishing and salad dressings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between refined and cold-pressed oils?
- Refined oils are colourless, odourless and flavourless fluids. The regular refined oils are extracted using solvents and grinding them at high speed, which can generate heat up to 100°C, which degrades the oil's taste and nutritional composition. Trans fats are produced in this process, making them unfit for your heart.
While our cold-pressed oils are extracted through pressing and grinding of seeds below a temperature of 50°C. Though it is a slow and time-consuming process, they retain their natural flavour, aroma, and nutritional value. They are high in antioxidants and vitamins and contain good fats for a healthy heart.
- Why are Anveshan cooking oils expensive?
- Anveshan offers premium quality oils that are cold-pressed in wooden Kolhu by crushing raw seeds/nuts and forcing the oil through pressure. Our oils are also “First pressed, “ meaning that the seeds/nuts were crushed and pressed only once. The oils are unrefined, unbleached, and, most importantly, natural.
When oils are extracted in this way, it retains their genuine flavour, aroma, and antioxidants and nutrients. It does not alter the properties of the oil and make them great for cooking and skin care requirements. Thus, cold-pressed oils cost more but are worth spending.
- Is sesame oil a good choice for my hair?
- Sesame oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties that help keep the scalp clean and healthy. It moisturises the hair and nourishes the scalp in the best way possible. Massaging your hair with sesame oil improves blood circulation, which means your hair grows again in no time. In addition, it relieves anxiety and hair fall caused by stress.
A combination of sesame oil with neem, coconut oil, eucalyptus, hibiscus or other essential oils is used to enhance its absorption into the hair.
- Can I cook with Anveshan Black Sesame Oil?
- Sesame oil has a low smoke point and is not suitable for deep-frying. Instead, you can use it for garnishing, stir-frying, salad dressing, baking, and adding to all your favourite dishes. It is used in South Indian, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cuisine for adding flavour to sautéeing, stir-frying, and seasoning.
- How to use sesame oil for massage? Is it safe to use on the skin?
- Sesame oil is an excellent oil for massaging the body. It is very soothing and effective if you are tired and have aches and pains. First, heat the sesame oil to a bearable temperature. Then, massage the oil and let your body relax. Keep it for 15 minutes, and then take a hot water bath.
Anveshan Black Sesame Oil is 100% pure and safe to use for all your skincare routines. But as a precautionary measure, you should always try a patch test on your arm.
- Can I use it for oil pulling?
- Yes, you can use sesame oil for oil pulling. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help control oral problems.
You may also like
23% OffRegular price ₹1,499Regular priceUnit price per
₹1,949Sale price ₹1,499
New7% OffRegular price ₹1,399Regular priceUnit price per
₹1,499Sale price ₹1,399
20% OffRegular price ₹399Regular priceUnit price per
₹499Sale price ₹399
Wood Cold Pressed Black Sesame Oil
Taste good. Prompt delivery service.
This oil is wonderful. It has a smooth and silky taste.
Thanks for giving us the best quality
Have ordered this twice now and am a satisfied customer. Will definitely order it repeatedly. The seller packages it well which ensures that it reaches the customer in perfect condition. The oil itself is good for making chutneys and food. The aroma is also pleasant unlike other sesame oils. I haven’t used it for applying on my skin. May try that too some day 😊