Wood Cold Pressed Yellow Mustard OilMustard the art of cooking!
No artificial flavours
Our Yellow Mustard Oil is loaded with nutrients essential for your wellness and suitable for your meals. The handpicked seeds are extracted through a cold-pressed oil process, so our oil adds an incredible taste to your food without compromising health. A tinge of this sarso oil will awaken your sense of smell.
150 Farmers Empowered
Procured from Rajasthan
23 Lab Tests Done
- Why it's Awesome
- Journey of our Oil
We source our oils directly from farmers and offer them better prices. We also ensure fair treatment, community support, sustainable production and food quality.
The yellow mustard seeds are sorted and selected on the basis of their size and colour to ensure better taste and aroma.
The yellow mustard seeds are cold-pressed (in wooden Kolhu) at a low temperature to maintain their high nutrient value.
Then the oil is then left for sedimentation for 2-3 days. Following this, the sarso ka oil is sieve filtered.
Yellow mustard oil undergoes strict quality checks at our facility and conforms to FSSAI standards.
After clearing all the mandatory tests, it is then packed in a bottle.
Rich in dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, selenium, and omega-3 fatty acids, mustard oil is good for health.
It has MUFA and PUFA fats that reduce the bad cholesterols and increase the good ones. Thus it reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Helps Metabolic Processes
An excellent source of magnesium and phosphorus, it contributes to the metabolism of carbohydrates, protein, and fats in the body.
Good for Bones and Teeth
The presence of calcium, phosphorus, manganese and magnesium promotes the growth and development of bones and teeth.
Soothes Cold and Cough
Use of mustard oil for cold is effective as it is a warm oil that acts as a natural decongestant.
Promotes Hair Growth
Loaded with beta-carotene, protein, iron and calcium, mustard oil is good for hair. It promotes stronger, faster hair growth.
Massaging cold-pressed mustard oil on your skin can eliminate tan and provide you with smooth and glowing skin.
Promotes Hair Growth
Massage your scalp regularly with lukewarm mustard oil for stronger and faster hair growth.
Gives Relief in Sinus
Add a few drops of mustard oil in nose to get instant relief from a runny nose.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between refined and cold-pressed oils?
- Refined oils are colourless, odourless and flavourless fluids. The regular refined oils are extracted using solvents and grinding at high speed, which can generate heat up to 100°C. This degrades the oil's taste and nutritional composition. Trans fats are produced in this process, making the refined oils unfit for your heart.
On the other hand, our cold-pressed oils are extracted through pressing and grinding of seeds below a temperature of 50°C. Although it is a slow and time-consuming process, they retain their natural flavour, aroma, and nutritional value. They are high in antioxidants and vitamins and contain good fats for a healthy heart.
- Why are Anveshan cooking oils expensive?
- Anveshan offers premium quality oils that are cold-pressed in wooden Kolhu by crushing raw seeds/nuts and forcing the oil through pressure. Our oils are also “First pressed,“ meaning that the seeds/nuts were crushed and pressed only once. The oils are unrefined, unbleached, and, most importantly, natural.
When oils are extracted in this way, they retain their genuine flavour, aroma, antioxidants, and nutrients. It does not alter the properties of the oil and make them great for cooking and skincare requirements. Thus, cold-pressed oils cost more but are worth spending on.
- How can I use yellow mustard oil for cooking?
- Just like most cooking oils, our healthy and tasty mustard oil has a diverse set of applications. It has a high smoke point and can be used to sauté or stir-fry vegetables. It can also be used for marination, as a salad dressing, and as a natural preservative in aachar. Its aromatic qualities make it perfect for tadka.
- Can I use it for body massage?
- A regular massage with wood pressed mustard oil helps relieve aching joints and muscles. You also experience relief and comfort after a massage with yellow mustard oil.
Anveshan Yellow Mustard Oil is 100% pure and chemical-free, thus making it safe to use unless you are allergic to it. However, we recommend first trying a patch test as a precautionary measure.
- Is mustard oil good for hair?
- Yellow mustard helps hydrate your hair and keeps your hair healthy and fresh. In addition, it contains vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids that can protect your scalp and hair from almost every possible hair concern.
- What is the difference between Yellow Mustard Oil and Black Mustard Oil?
- Yellow mustard oil is a perfect option for people who want the benefits of mustard oil but don't like its pungency. It is more aromatic and richer in vitamin E than black mustard oil.
Yellow mustard oil is packed with all the nutrients of black mustard oil except for the pungency and maintains the food's original flavour. Anveshan offers you both the oils, so choose what suits you the best.
You may also like
Firstly I’m absolutely in love this looks. A beautiful glass bottle with a such a simple yet aesthetic labelling!
Now about the product - I’d been looking for wood pressed oils for the rich flavour that they offer and I selected this after considering a few alternatives and I must say after a week of using these in cooking and in my salad dressings that I’ve not been disappointed. It tastes much lighter than the one I use to use earlier. Lastly, I like how special care has been given to using a glass bottle and a cork head instead of plastic packaging which I know helps the richness of the flavour.
Let me address the first issue. Yes, it is “sweet” rather than “pungent” and that is big issue for me for I know the real oil is pungent. How something can be made otherwise if not chemicals?I use mustard oil for mainly cold purpose like mixing little bit with almond oil for skin or for sardine chokha with raw onion, raw oil and green chillies.It tastes sweet to my disappointment. Rather artificial.Also, skin application is disappointing too. Pungent one is light and disappears after sometime. Not this one. Feels rather high in pufa. PUFA is the fat that you must avoid and mustard oil is least harmful (healthiest?) when it comes to seed oils. Ideally you should limit to fruit oils (olive, avocado, coconut, palm etc). Mind that no plant oil is healthy in large quantities. Plant cholesterol (cholesterols are good) are ejected from our system because it creates issues. If you consume large quantities of plant oils then it will overwhelm systems and thus plant cholesterol will get absorbed and thus become part of some cells and that cell will become unstable because plant cholesterols are rigid and we need flexible ones like available in animal fats (ghee, fat etc).Also, I would have considered but neither the price makes sense (buy more pay more?) nor it is organic. Glass bottle is good but packaging etc generates tons of waste and it is not easy to dispose off glass in villages so I wanted 5L tin version but that costs more than buying 5 1L bottle. How is that even possible?I also see that fssai labels are useless… everyone lists same standard nutritional profile. How is that even possible? And most of ghee I tested using sugar and acid are fake. Even fake ghee (little starch) is ok but most are mixed with vegetable fats (dalda) and as I already explained vegetable fats are really bad. Hydrogenated ones are worst.
I also started using mustard oil for cooking after all the celebs and nutritionists went crazy about its health benefits. TBH the pungency and strong flavour were very hard to get used to. So one day I went to my bhua's place and she prepared "Methi k parathe" and told me she used mustard oil, but It didn't taste like that, so I asked her how it didn't have that pungent taste and smell. I was almost convinced that she had bought some fake oil. Then she told me about this yellow mustard oil from anveshan. So in short, It has all the benefits of mustard oil, just without pungency. So I bought it. To my surprise, the oil actually has very less pungency and does not hurt my eyes or nose. It also gets absorbed less in the food, making my food and my stomach feel light after each meal. And above all, the oil lasts longer since less quantity is required to cook the same amount of food. Packaging was good as well.
The oil is amazing . I'm using it for massage postpartum....Go for it with out any doubt already purchased it twice.