Answers | Nasya Technique | Precautions
As we are trying to lead a healthy lifestyle, we are realising the benefits of authentic and pure ingredients. One such ingredient is ghee, also called 'golden oil'. This particular gem in Indian kitchens has innumerable benefits, and it is difficult not to include it in our daily diet. No matter what your age is, a tablespoon of desi ghee in a day is going to make your life a lot better, and your health will be taken care of.
Irrespective of your workout choices, desi ghee is a phenomenal ingredient that can be used in various home remedies. As we are talking about home remedies, there is one remedy that involves just two drops of cow desi ghee in your nose. We get it, it might sound a bit weird, but the benefits of this one little trick are a ton.
Most people have questions like:
- How do I use ghee in my nostrils?
- Can we put cow ghee in the nose?
- How to retain cow ghee in the nose?
The Answer is here!
The answer to your questions is, yes, you can put cow ghee into your nostrils. All you have to do is repeat this drill once or twice a day. Put 2-3 drops of cow ghee in your nose at night and/or in the morning (half an hour before breakfast). This Ayurveda therapy is called Nasya Treatment and should be done only after consultation with an Ayurveda expert.
It can be done in two ways – lying and sitting position. You can put 2-3 drops of cow ghee in your nose at night, lie down, and let it soak in. The second way is to take ghee on your fingers and massage your nostrils while sitting.
Benefits of Naysa Technique:
If recommended by an expert, you can go ahead and perform this remedy at your home and see numerous benefits. We are listing some of them for you.
- This remedy is primarily a cure for cold, sinus as this therapy connects your nose, throat, and head.
- It helps in lubricating your neck muscles, throat, and nose.
- It helps in curing numerous body pains, such as headaches, migraines, and cervical spondylosis.
- The nasal cavity is connected to a specific part of your brain that can help in improving your eye vision. It can also help in memory improvement and concentration.
- As we are in the middle of a pandemic, we are all concerned about our immunity. This remedy helps in boosting your immunity and shields you from seasonal viral and fever.
- This therapy will help you in improving the quality of your hair and skin and make the two flawless. It even helps in reducing the greys that emerge in your luscious black hair.
- Two drops can help you in elevating your mood and relieve you from stress as well.
Precautions and Rules
Putting cow ghee in the nose is not suggested when the weather is cloudy, rainy, or in extreme winters. People having cough, sinus, and cold problems should avoid it.
For the people wondering how small drops of cow ghee in the nose can impact in so many ways, let us tell you a little fact behind the nose and brain connection.
Your nose is the only direct window to your brain. All the harmful substances that enter your nose reach your brain. Hence, you need to take care of what enters your nose. The nasal passage affects your brain in a way you don’t realise. You need to put cow desi ghee to keep your passages clear.