Winter is coming! It is the best time to enjoy your favourite, flavourful and hearty soups. Hot sizzling soups will not just please your stomach but also your soul. You need to take care of yourself during seasonal changes. So why not learn a healthy soup recipe?
Today we will make Tomato and Black Pepper soup. Black pepper is useful in treating cough and cold. Its powdered form is usually used in recipes. However, whole peppercorns are usually used in biryanis, pulaos, dals, etc.
Let’s get started with our wholesome soup!
- 2-3 medium Tomatoes
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- ½ tsp Himalayan Turmeric Powder
- 1-2 tsp Malabar Black Pepper Whole
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Pour 3 to 4 cups of water into a heavy-bottomed vessel. Roughly chop the tomatoes, add them to the water, and heat them.
- Add some salt and turmeric powder. Let it boil and simmer.
- Dry roast black peppercorns and cumin in a pan till fragrant. Allow them to cool and then grind them together into a coarse powder.
- Peel the garlic cloves and lightly crush them. In a pan, heat the oil and add the crushed garlic. Fry till the garlic turns golden.
- Add the roasted pepper and cumin powder into the pan and turn off the heat.
- Add the mixture from the pan to the simmering tomatoes. Continue to boil for 2-3 minutes to make all the spices come together and to make the tomatoes fall apart.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
The soup is so yummy and satisfying that you will forget all your worries. This will help you fight seasonal infections. It’s not just a soup, but a magic potion!
This easy-to-make soup is worth a try!