India is known for its spicy food and delicious flavours. Spices add a different flavour to your dishes. One such spice is red chilli, also known as ‘lal mirch’ in Hindi, and is found in every Indian household. It is widely used in many dishes, spice blends, condiments, and is used for garnishing as well.
Red chilli is more than just a spice. It adds bountiful advantages to your diet- helps in digestion, maintaining blood pressure, has anti-inflammatory properties and helps fight diseases.
Today let’s make spicy and tangy Tomato Chutney with our Himayalan Red Chilli Powder.
- 1 kg Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Salt (or as per taste)
- 1 tsp Himalayan Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Wood Pressed Oil
- In a pan, heat some oil. Add onions and ginger-garlic paste to it. Cook until they start turning brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, and garam masala.
- Mix and saute for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
- Now cover and cook the tomatoes until they become soft and you obtain a thick consistency.
- Add coriander leaves and red chilli powder. Sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Just a few steps and it's ready! So, if you are in a hurry, this chutney is an amazing option to try. This is a perfect dish for all those who love spicy food. Try this recipe for lunch today!