When hunger strikes, pumpkin seed chidva is for sure the answer!
This nutrient-rich superfood chivda is so gratifying and yummy that you won’t stop munching! This crispy snack is very easy to make so let's get started!
- 1 cup Raw Pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup Raw Sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Coconut chips
- 15-20 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Red Chili powder (as per taste)
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Heat your preferred cooking oil in a pan. Add curry leaves and let them sizzle for a few minutes.
- Add fennel seeds, sesame seeds, and raisins. Continue to stir for 5 minutes over a low flame. Ensure that everything toasts up properly and that the raisins swell up.
- Put turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and lemon juice into the pan and stir constantly for a few minutes.
- Add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and salt as per your taste. Mix well.
- Heat it on low flame and stir continuously for 8-10 minutes. Make sure that everything is mixed well and gets roasted thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
That's it, your Pumpkin Seed Chivda is ready! So simple right?
This homemade snack is so tasty and healthy! It is an ideal snack to pack for travel or tiffin. It is perfect when you are in a hurry. So, instead of grabbing your unhealthy junk snacks, try this!