Light, fluffy, and mouth-watering pancakes are the best way to treat yourself at breakfast. Pancakes are not necessarily considered healthy, but we’ve got a trick for you!
Opt for wheat honey pancakes with nutritious flax seeds. Also, you can replace your sugary toppings with honey or maple syrup.
See, it's so easy! Read here to know the exact ingredients and instructions.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp Raw Honey
- 3 tbsp Roasted Flax seeds
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Take the roasted flax seeds and grind them into a fine powder.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Stir continuously to make the batter lump-free.
- Use a non-stick pan and grease it thoroughly with butter.
- Heat the pan over medium flame.
- Scoop a ladle full of batter from the bowl and pour it in the pan.
- Make sure to spread the batter evenly. Flip the pancake once it turns slightly brown from the bottom.
- Cook the other side as well. Remove the pancake to a plate.
- Prepare all your pancakes in the same way.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle some flax seeds. You can also garnish with fresh fruits and nuts of your choice.
Enjoy these wholesome and fulfilling whole wheat honey pancakes. Adding flax seeds takes their nourishment up a notch. Flax seeds are a rich source of fibre and omega-3 fatty acids.
Try out this healthy pancake recipe today!