A good cook knows that small, basic ingredients can make a big difference in the way your food tastes. Spices are the most common and basic ingredients used in almost all Indian dishes. Among all the spices, coriander powder adds the most scrumptious aroma and flavour to our food.
So let’s make traditional Rajasthani Dahi Bhindi with aromatic and tasteful Himalayan Coriander Powder.
- 2 cups chopped Bhindi (ladyfinger)
- 1 cup Curd
- 2 tsp Himalayan Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Himalayan Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Besan
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- ⅛ tsp Hing
- 5-7 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Water (as needed)
- Steam the chopped bhindi for 5 minutes to make it soft and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add curd, coriander powder, red chilli powder, besan, and around 2 tbsps of water. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, hing, and curry leaves.
- As the seeds begin to crackle, add the curd mixture from the bowl into the pan.
- Now add the steamed bhindi and mix well. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes and wait till it boils.
- Garnish your Dahi Bhindi with fresh coriander leaves.
- If you want you can choose to deep fry your bhindi.
- Choose fresh curd so that it doesn’t taste very sour.
- You can add a little bit of sugar if it becomes too tangy or sour.
Why not try something new? This recipe has slightly different ingredients but an enormously unique flavour. Sounds tempting right? Give it a try and you will know that it's more delicious than you think!