This bhindi masala is the ultimate ode to flavour, featuring tender okra cooked in a medley of aromatic spices.
With our easy-to-follow recipe, you'll be creating something that's so lip-smackingly delicious that you won't be able to resist diving in for seconds.
So, let's get those pans sizzling and prepare to relish every bite of this fantastic dish!
Don't wait any longer – it's time to cook, indulge, and enjoy the masaledaar magic!
- 2 tablespoons Anveshan Sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon black or brown mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds bhindi, trimmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick (about 5 cups sliced)
- 2 teaspoons Anveshan Stone-Ground Coriander powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Anveshan Stone-Ground Turmeric powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Anveshan Stone-Ground Red Chilli powder
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute, covering the pan as needed to contain any splattering.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion and sauté until it starts to turn brown. Let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add bhindi, increase heat to medium-high and cook until the "goo" or mucilage from the okra starts to release, and the onion darkens, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Add coriander, salt, turmeric and chilli powder to taste; cook, stirring often, until the bhindi turns brown in spots and looks dry. Cook for 6 to 10 minutes more.
- It's now ready to serve.