Pumpkin seeds are a good source of healthful oils, magnesium, and other nutrients that enhance the health of the heart, bones, and other functions. Seeds, in general, are considered excellent sources of potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Plant seeds are also a good source of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and antioxidants. The fatty acids in pumpkin seeds contain a range of beneficial nutrients, such as sterols, squalene, and tocopherols. Researchers have described the fatty acid profile of seeds, grains, and legumes as "favourable".
- Anti-Inflammatory Benefits: Pumpkin seeds are known to have anti-inflammatory properties and are known to reduce arthritis pain.
- Builds Immunity: The presence of high amounts of antioxidants and phytochemicals ensure a good immune system and further reduce the possibility of viral infections that may lead to cold, flu, fatigue and other ailments, especially during monsoons
- Insulin Regulation: Pumpkin seeds help improve insulin regulation and decrease oxidative stress. These seeds are a rich source of digestible protein that helps stabilise blood sugar levels
- Helps Check Weight: This is one of the best snack to keep weight in check. They might look small, but are very dense and heavy foods that help you keep satiated for a longer period. They are also high in fiber which takes longer for your body to digest, leaving you full, keeping you away from any craving.
- Improves Prostrate Health: The book Healing Foods states that high in zinc these seeds are useful for promoting men's fertility and preventing prostrate problems.