- SUPER high in ANTIOXIDANTS basically make the impossible possible: they slow down ageing signs, resulting in younger-looking skin, healthier hair, and can even reduce the risk of cancer. Basically fountain of youth/miracle molecules
- An IMPRESSIVE amount of FIBER. Almost all the carbs in chia seeds are actually fibre. This means so many good things. 1. You'll stay full longer. 2. It will aid in keeping your gut health in check. 3. You'll be regular! Being regular is the best!
- OMEGA-3s are SUPER important. They have a wide range of benefits, from fighting depression to improving sleep, to reducing the risk of heart disease. The bummer is, there aren't very many foods that supply omega-3s. There's really just fish, walnuts, and flax seeds. Over half of chia seed's fat is omega-3s, making it an excellent choice for all omega-related health.
- PROTEIN for people that don't eat meat, finding foods with protein can be a drag. Don't worry, chia seeds TO THE RESCUE! There are 4 grams of protein per 2 tablespoon serving. Pair that with peanut butter on oats and you've got enough energy to last you well past lunch.
- CALCIUM RICH, believe it or not, chia seeds have more calcium ounce for ounce than most dairy products. If you don't eat dairy, this could be a life-changer. If you DO eat dairy, pair it with yogurt for a healthy dose of the good stuff.
Sunflower seeds are an excellent snack that gives you protein and healthy fats. They also make a delightful, crunchy addition to a vegetable salad, provide flavour for a sandwich, or form the bulk of a vegetarian burger. No matter how you use your sunflower seeds, you can enjoy the benefits of the nutrients that are contained in each crunchy kernel.
- Sunflower seeds may be tiny, but they pack a nutritious punch. They are a great source of many vitamins and nutrients, including over 100% of the daily recommended intake of copper, manganese, and selenium.
- VITAMIN - E isn’t a single vitamin. It’s a group of fat-soluble compounds with powerful antioxidant abilities. Vitamin E helps prevent free radicals from damaging healthy cells in your body.
- SELENIUM - This mineral is important for reproduction and DNA synthesis. It also helps reduce oxidative stress from free radicals.
- NIACIN - Also called vitamin B-3, niacin helps repair DNA. It may help lower total cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease as well.