5 Ways to Use Ghee for Eyes
In the words of Shakespeare, "Eyes are the window to your soul." But weak and poor eyesight is a growing peril for most individuals. Blame it on the massive amount of screen time exposure at the workplace or at home, the majority of folks today have lenses or glasses to deal with their visionary problems. While most of them dislike wearing them, is there an alternative? Yes, that's what you thought— expensive medications, paying hefty fees of ophthalmologists, bundles of eye drops, using a corrective lens, or a surgery. But what if we tell you that there is an Ayurvedic way to cure your precious eyes?
Are you wondering how Ayurveda can be a magic treatment for your eyes? Well, you had the magic Ayurvedic ingredient all along in your kitchen—the most under-appreciated Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter). Remember when your mother told you about the excellent benefits of Desi Ghee? It turns out that besides improving health, weight management, and easing joint aches, this magical ingredient has far stretching benefits for your skin, hair, and eyes.
Netra Tarpana—an Ayurvedic remedy for eyes
Are you wondering how you can use desi ghee for eyes? According to Ayurveda, our eyes are a pitta (hot) organ which gets aggravated due to numerous external factors or excessive heat. Ghee for eyes acts as a cooling oil to address the imbalances of pitta organs. It also aids in nourishing dry or fatigued eyes.
Desi Ghee is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids that help maintain optimal eye health by treating visionary and eyesight problems. According to the Ayurvedic treatment, Netra-Tarpana meaning Ghee Eye-Bath can naturally enhance your eye health using cow ghee for eyesight. Traditionally a dam was created with urad flour dough around the eyes. The dough is firm and prevents leakage of the desi ghee. However, nowadays, you can readily find eye cups or eyeglasses at any pharmacy to ease the hassle of making the dough. The first step—Sterilize the eyecups every time before using it.
- Use sterile equipment to heat 2-3 tablespoon of medicated ghee for eyes. Avoid using ghee that has come in contact with non-sterile utensils or food items.
- It is highly forbidden to pour hot ghee on the eyes. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Now lay with your head down and press the eyecups filled with desi ghee to the eyes.
- Open your eyes and hold the cup firmly in position for 2 minutes.
- Keep blinking and looking around to allow the ghee to cover the eyes completely.
Repeat this Ayurvedic process 3-4 times a week for 2-3 weeks to counteract pitta imbalance and see the wonders of ghee for dry eyes. However, it would help if you never reused ghee that has come in contact with your eyes or the one resting for a few minutes. It is imperative to use fresh preparation every day as harmful bacteria can cause permanent damage to your eyes.
Besides Ayurvedic treatment, some other home remedies offering impeccable ghee benefits for eyes are as follows:
- Using ghee for eyesight regularly has shown proven results for those having poor vision. For this, mix a few drops of desi ghee with black pepper powder and consume it daily.
- Did you know applying ghee on the sole of your feet can improve your weak eyesight? Then start rubbing some ghee today and see the benefits.
- Ghee is a rich source of vitamin A that improves one's overall health. Regular consumption of desi ghee in your diet also improves the optimal eye health.
- A mixture of triphala ghee for eyes along with honey has shown potential results to improve the vision. For this mixture, the ratio of ghee and honey should be used in 2:1 proportion.
While cow ghee for eyes can improve the optimal health and vision, it also slows down ageing and renders a youthful skin. Taking the tiniest amount and applying it around your eyes every night will leave a smooth and hydrated skin texture. Using ghee for under eyes brightens tired eyes and reduces under-eye bags and swelling. While you have been spending a thousand bucks on expensive eye care products, all you had to do was invest in a premium branded ghee and apply it on your under eyes! Now that you know the numerous benefits of desi ghee, it's time to get home one today!